We are recruiting
Updated: May 5, 2021
We are looking to recruit a motivated and experienced Quantity Surveyor to support the company’s growth within the high-end residential construction sector. The successful candidate will be working very closely with the Company Directors and Project Teams to deliver upon the commercial aspects of all projects. The ability to work within the vibrant team we have in place is essential.
This is an empowered position requiring strong commercial and people skills. Responsible for all project-related commercial activities, this position will play a vital role in the continued expansion of RK Signature Living.
Working on projects ranging from £500k to £2.5m the successful candidate will undertake the following duties:
· Management of all project-related commercials.
· Producing accurately priced tender returns to deadline.
· Preparation of subcontractor packages.
· Preparation of trade specifications.
· Subcontractor quotation analysis and negotiation.
· Conduct benchmarking on tenders received.
· Placing subcontractor orders.
· Change order management.
· Budget creation.
· Production of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
· Management of RK Signature Living’s contractual obligations. (JCT/RIBA Standard Contracts.)
· Value engineering.
· Chair pre-start meetings with Subcontractors, Site Management and Contracts Manager.
In addition, the following criteria need to be met:
· At least 5 years experience working as an Estimator / Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager in the London residential market.
· Must be presentable, confident and comfortable due to the client-facing nature of the position.
· A full driving licence.
· Advanced computer literacy skills. (Experience using Builder Trend an advantage but not essential)
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadline.
· Demonstrable project delivery track record.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
· High motivation
· Ability to work as a team and under their own steam
· High levels of organisation
· Attention to detail
· Sense of humour
If you believe that you are a good fit for this exciting position, then please apply today.
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th March with a possible start date mid-June/early July for the successful candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £55,000.00-£60,000.00 per year